1. All works submitted must have been released after 1st January 2022.
2. Authors from any country may submit their works (short films and fake trailers) in Spanish, Valencian or subtitled in either language. Each filmmaker may submit as many works as he/she wishes.
3. The works can be fiction, animation, documentary or experimental, as long as their themes are framed in the fantastic context and have not been presented in previous editions of this festival.
4. Short films may not exceed 20 minutes in length, including credits, while fake trailers may not exceed 3 minutes in length.
5. The deadline for entries will be from Friday 1st September to Monday 2nd October 2023, inclusive.
6. The registration of works will only be done through the FilmFreeway platform by paying the minimum fee, which will not be refunded in case the work is not selected.
7. For this year’s edition, Elche International Fantastic Film Festival – FANTAELX establishes the following distinctions:
– Best International Short Film: 300 € + direct access to Skyline Benidorm Film Festival (Alicante).
– Best National Short Film: 300 € + direct access to Fantastic and Horror Short Film Festival 1000 Gritos from Buenos Aires (Argentina).
– Best Short Film from Alicante: 150 € + direct access to Navidades Sangrientas – Weekend Horror Awards from Alicante. To be eligible for this category, the authors must prove that they were born in the province of Alicante, or have been residents in the province during the shooting of the submitted work.
– Special “Social and Fantastic” Award: direct access to Sant Joan d’Alacant Film Festival (Alicante). All short films in competition in the three categories (Alicante, national and international) will be considered for this award.
– Best Fake Trailer: permanent publication of the Fake Trailer on the festival website.
8. Award-winning filmmakers who attend the Closing Ceremony of the festival will also receive a gift during the awards ceremony.
9. The cash prizes will be subject to the withholdings established by law, as well as to the expenses derived from bank transactions.
10. Payment for selection: the short films selected to compete for the Best National Short Film will receive, as a payment for selection, the amount of 75 € (amount subject to the withholdings established by law, as well as to the expenses derived from bank transactions). For this payment, the attendance and participation of the person or persons directly related to the creation of the short film (direction, cast, production or others previously admitted by the festival) in the corresponding screening session will be a requirement.
11. Participation in the festival implies the acceptance of these rules and regulations and the transfer of the exhibition rights of the works to be screened both at the festival itself and at the collaborating festivals where the winning works will be screened out of competition.
12. The international jury of this year’s festival will select, from among all the works presented, those that will make up the festival’s programme. The decision of the international jury will be final.
13. The festival reserves the right to screen the selected works in the venues and public sessions it deems appropriate within the framework of its programme, the screenings of which will be free of charge. The production and distribution companies will cede the rights for the exhibition at no cost to the festival.
14. Participants will authorise the broadcasting of up to one minute of images of their works in any of the festival’s media. The festival declines all legal responsibility for the work and its content on the authors.
15. In case of the screening cannot take place for adverse reasons, the selection of the works will also count for the purposes of this edition, with the aforementioned distinctions being granted to the works awarded by the international jury.
16. The authors whose works have been selected will be notified before Tuesday 31st October 2023.