In its fourth edition, Elche International Fantastic Film Festival – FANTAELX celebrated the thirtieth anniversary of the film “Labyrinth”, by Jim Henson, with the assistance of the writer and researcher Jesús Callejo, who gave the commemorative conference “The elongated shadow of the elves”.
A new program of activities was also designed to watch on the big screen outstanding short films of fantastic genre in three categories: international, national and Alicante.
As complementary activities, a new edition of the colloquium “The Fantastic Panorama in Alicante” was carried out, in which eight projects, contextualized within the fantastic genre, were presented.
WINNER SHORT FILMS “FANTAELX 2016”.
Best international short film: “Black Ring“, by Hasan Can Dagli.
Best national short film: “Behind“, by Angel Gómez Hernández.
Best short film from Alicante: “Dead Flowers“, by Pablo Riquelme and Stephen R. Scott.
Special mention: “Decorado“, by Alberto Vázquez.
Saturday, November 19, 2016.
Place: Congress Center “Ciutat d’Elx” (see map).
Free access until full capacity is reached.
Conducted by the actor Fran Palacios.
11h-13:30h: Colloquium “The fantastic panorama in Alicante”.
Conducted by the journalist Óscar González, 8 fantastic genre projects are presented, covering different disciplines:
– El viaje del héroe en Star Wars, with Manuel Benítez Bolorinos.
– Escuela de Cine UMH, with Guillermo López and Mario-Paul Martínez.
– Arcade Vintage, with Octavio Martínez.
– Espectáculos Medievales Dragón Negro, with Toni Cerdá.
– El Guardián de los Secretos y El bosque prohibido, withn Carolina Iñesta Quesada.
– Rural Cops, with Paco Soto.
– Efectos Especiales desde Terminator 3 hasta Gravity, with Raúl Rodríguez.
– La importancia del story board en las películas de animación e imagen real, with Paco Sáez.
16:00h-17:00h: “The elongated shadow of the elves”, with Jesús Callejo.
Commemorative conference given by Jesús Callejo.
Bachelor of Law, researcher, writer, and the director of the radio program of historical disclosure, travel, and mystery “La escóbula de la brújula”.
17:15h-19:00h: Screening of short films in competition.
– Zona-84, by Lonan García (Spain).
– Añadir Contacto, by David Oeo (Spain).
– Night of the Slasher, by Shant Hamassian (USA).
– Save, by Iván Sáinz-Pardo (Spain).
– Superbia, by Luca Tóth (Hungary).
– 66’7, by Rafa G. Sánchez and Guillermo López (Alicante).
– Sincrónico, by Ricardo Fernández (Colombia).
– Criaturitas, by Ignasi López Fábregas (Spain).
– Apolo 81, by Óscar Bernácer (Spain).
– Hostal Edén, by Gonzaga Manso (Spain).
19:15h-21:00h: Screening of short films in competition.
– Dead Flowers, by Pablo Riquelme and Stephen Scott (Alicante).
– Black Ring, by Hasan Can Dagli (Turkey).
– Chupasangres, by Emilio Gallego and Jesús Gallego (Alicante).
– Cambio, by Daniel Romero (Spain).
– My Life is a Dream, by Brian Benson (USA).
– Cenizo, by Jon Mikel Caballero (Spain).
– Behind, by Ángel Gómez Hernández (Spain).
– Madam Black, by Ivan Barge (New Zealand).
– Alien Inside, by Alfonso García López (Spain).
– Decorado, by Alberto Vázquez (Spain).
21:00h-21:30h: Award ceremony and Closing.
Collaborating establishments with discounts for food, dinner and cocktails during the festival: Columpio Bar (Sant Agatangel, 1), Glass Corner Gastro Pub (Eugenio d’Ors, 4), and Rompeolas Pub (Fatxo, 3).
You can download the hand program in PDF from this link (in Spanish).
You can access the photo gallery from this link.