Elche International Fantastic Film Festival – FANTAELX was born as Elche Fantastic Film Showing – FANTA ELX in January 2013 to break a spear in favor of fantastic cinema in the city. Public and media were involved with this novel initiative, having a great reception in the province of Alicante (Spain).
The public received this cultural event in a very positive way, and their high participation was the real impulse for the success of this initiative. The event attracted more than 200 people who went to the city of Elche.
It was shown, through 10 short films that were screened, the panorama of the fantastic genre in Spain. Some of the shorts that could be viewed were world premiere, and others were projected for the first time in Elche.
SELECTED SHORT FILMS “FANTAELX 2013”.
“El Encuentro”, by Maxi Velloso.
“Refugio 115“, by Iván Villamel.
“Ciencia Ficción. La Creatividad de un Artista”, by Pablo Riquelme.
“Jaime el Barbudo“, by Sami Natsheh and Arly Jones.
“Historia Muerta“, by Fran Mateu.
“El Picadero (The fucking killer of the night)”, by Anthon Lo.
“Decapoda Shock“, by Javier Chillón.
“Till Death Do Us Part“, by Julián Lara.
“Y la Muerte lo seguía“, by Ángel Gómez.
“8“, by Raúl Cerezo.
Saturday, January 26, 2013.
Place: La Llotja.
Conduced by the actor and journalist Javier Coloma.
Start of screenings: 20:00h.
– El Encuentro, by Maxi Velloso.
– Refugio 115, by Iván Villamel.
– Ciencia Ficción. La creatividad de un artista, by Pablo Riquelme.
– Jaime el barbudo, by Sami Natsheh and Arly Jones.
– Historia Muerta, by Fran Mateu.
– El Picadero (The fucking killer of the night), by Anthon Lo.
– Decapoda Shock, by Javier Chillón.
– Till Death Do Us Part, by Julián Lara.
– Y la Muerte lo seguía, by Ángel Gómez.
– 8, by Raúl Cerezo.
Closing party at the bar of the Llotja.
You can download the hand program in PDF from this link (in Spanish).
You can access the photo gallery from this link.